The powerful tool that helps you to incorporate Search, Display, YouTube or Discovery Campaigns is known as Google Ads Lead Form extensions. Google Ads Lead Form is an exceptional tool that helps lead generation. Creating user experience is crucial to any business because the mobile activity has surpassed the desktop in many markets. Though Google had initially announced its lead form extension in 2019, it recently made updates that improves the mobile experience.
What are Google Ads Lead Form Extension?
Google mentions that, “Lead form extensions help you generate leads by letting people submit their information in a form directly in your ad.”
With Goggles’ lead form generation,you can attach a lead form extension to your current Google Ads account for the desired campaign.
And when a user interacts with your ad that contains the ad extension, he is prompted to input his information in the form instead of being directed to your company website.
Who Should Use Google Lead Form Extensions?
B2B companies who are looking to capture the user information can benefit much from the lead form extensions. Additionally, to improve the website experience, Google lead form extensions may be for you, if your company does not have the resources (time, expertise, money).
Pros and Cons of Lead Form Extensions
- Simplified set up.
- Leads can be directly downloaded from the interface.
- Favourable to gain first-party data for remarketing.
- Easier user experience if the mobile site is lacking.
- Difficult to automate lead sharing with CRMs.
- Poor traffic leads to your website.
- Difficulty in attribution.
- Need to spend more than $50,000 over the lifetime of ad account to qualify.
Requirements of Lead Form Extensions
The requirements to qualify for using this extension type are:
- A good history of compliance policy with Google.
- More than $50k lifetime spent in Google Ads.
Some vertical exclusions of Google Ad form include:
- Sensitive verticals (such as sexual content).
- Sub-verticals of sensitive verticals.
How to Set Up Lead Form Extensions?
It is quite simple to set up one and you can create it either along with an existing campaign or a new one.
For existing campaigns
- Click the campaign
- Ads & Extensions on the left-hand side
- Click the blue “+” sign to create a new lead form extension
- Add headline,description and business name
- Choose the questions you’d like the user to answer in your form
- Provide a background image in the aspect ratio of 1.91:1, if utilizing lead form extensions for Search
- Create the submission message after a user successfully fills out the form.
Qualifying questions can be asked to gain as much information as you need for qualified leads.
These qualifiers are broken down into categories, such as:
- and many more.
Optimizing Your Lead Form
You have the option to optimize for the following options, based on your business goals and campaign intention.
- Lead volume.
- Lead qualification.
Reviewing Lead Form Data
Google currently gives you two options to capture your leads:
- Manually download them from the interface.
- Create a webhook integration to automatically import lead data.
If manually downloading leads, note that Google only allows downloads within 30 days of submission. The data is not available after that.
Creating a Webhook Integration
This option is more valuable and efficient in the long run though will take some integration time to set up.
Additionally, Google allows Zapier, a third-party integration to help integrate leads seamlessly. This is a cost effective way and you can successfully automate your lead nurturing process.
Lastly, verify the data to ensure your automated solutions are working
You must definitely consider Google Lead Form extensions especially if your company is struggling with lead generation. The vast variety of options, such as using in Search, Display, YouTube, or Discovery, these are worth testing out.